|Dani (in this photo) and her husband Tyler served at New Hope for Children for about two months. Will you be next? Pastor George welcomes volunteers, mission groups, and visitors!|
- Volunteer Internship for New Hope for Children
- Volunteer service worker for New Hope for Children
- Churches and mission groups also welcome!
The volunteer intern will help Pastor George Fernandes and his family in four Christian orphanages that are home for more than 135 orphans in and around Bangalore, India. In addition to assisting in day-to-day activities, you will write e-mails, update a blog about the ministry, prepare Facebook postings, take and edit photos, and update sponsors with news about their sponsored children.
Volunteer service workers will help with miscellaneous child care assignments in the orphanages.
Churches and mission groups can contact us at the email address listed below.
Big Family Mission is partnering with Helping Hands of India to communicate about the needs of the orphanage in the United States and around the world. Big Family Mission is the U.S. partner of Helping Hands of India, allowing those who sponsor children to contribute through Big Family and thus have donations be eligible for deduction on federal income taxes.
We ask that the volunteer intern prayerfully consider serving in India for a period of at least six months... preferably one year. Volunteer service workers may serve for shorter periods of time. Churches and other Christian organizations are invited to serve in the orphanages on mission trips.
For the volunteer internship, room and food will be provided by Helping Hands India. The volunteer will raise funds to cover expenses of air travel and miscellaneous expenses for their stay in India.
All volunteers should have:
- A heart to serve God's special children in India
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of word-processing and email programs
- Excellent skills in relating with others
- A desire to spread the Light and Love of Jesus Christ
- Resilience (must be able to positively adapt when he or she encounters significant adversity, trauma, tragedy, threats, or even significant sources of stress)
The volunteer intern should also have:
- Ability to take and edit digital photos
- Ability to make simple videos (little or no editing required)
- Some experience with blogs helpful
Big Family Mission is organized as a mission society. Our spiritual covering and 501(c)(3) status are derived from our affiliation with Lighthouse Ministry and Lighthouse Community Church (home church of Ken and Dianne Dockery, founders of Big Family Mission). Our mission society is inter-denominational, and we encourage churches and Christians from different denominations to get involved with God’s mission to His special children in Eastern Europe, India, and other parts of the world.
If you have questions about this mission opportunity or wish to express interest, please email us: email@example.com . Please include a resume (curriculum vitae) which summarizes your work and ministry experience and your skills.
Ken and Dianne Dockery
Founders and Volunteer International Coordinators
BIG FAMILY MISSION
83 Boy Scout Road
Kutztown, PA 19530
Telephone: +1 610 285 8542
New Hope for Children: www.OrphanLoveIndia.org